Social media is becoming more important to your business by the second.
There was a day, not too long ago, that you could decide whether or not your business would be on social media. Now you just decide on how well you are going to do it.
Today, people search Facebook the way they used to “Google it” and the phone book is history. Businesses build relationships with their potential customers via tweets and Instagram stories. The smartphone has replaced the watch, radio, and TV in many people‘s lives. And that’s where your customers are too!
What was considered a fad five years ago is now a worldwide daily staple for 78% of adults.
Yet, while reaching more people at the push of a button has become possible thanks to the massive proliferation of social media, managing the platforms is increasingly complex.
The winning alchemy of outreach is a combination of communication and context. It’s about not just developing high-quality content, but ensuring everything you do is perfectly adapted to specific behavior on the mobile devices and social media platforms where your target audience is.
Success hinges on understanding and speaking to them in the right way on the right social platform whether it’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
Wish you had 36 hours in a day? We hear you! That’s why we created Reactionpower. We’ll help you build your social media presence so you can grow your business.
Here are some interesting facts about social media.
- Authenticity and creativity are the biggest factors in whether a campaign resonates with consumers.
- Brands are striking up long-term partnerships with smaller influencers so they can grow their followings together.
- Brands are realizing that they have influencers within their walls leading to new employee advocacy programs.
- Advancements in CGI and AI technology are allowing brands to embrace the weird and wonderful world of virtual influencers through branded storytelling.
- Organizations need new, systematic approaches for unlocking the full potential of human collaboration with AI. People will soon need to learn how to work with the machines and how to better communicate with them.
- Influence has become more closely associated with purpose through the rise of ‘good influencers’
- Whilst Instagram has remained the preferred platform for influencer marketing, platforms like TikTok are going mainstream with more brands using the platform and its influencers.
- Whilst video in all its forms (Live, IGTV, YouTube, etc.) has continued to grow, audio-enabled influencer content like podcasts are becoming powerful mediums in a marketer’s toolkit.
Data and privacy continue to be a concern. The knock-on effect for brands has been equally as stark as they respond to new regulations like GDPR and are required to re-examine their paid media strategies due to reduced retargeting capabilities.
- Transparency and provenance are becoming key components of branded communications.
- Consumers have started demanding direct control of their data, becoming gatekeepers of their own social media lives, so they can start to design and control their own digital ecosystem to serve up content based on how they’ve set their personal algorithms.
- Data and privacy will continue to be a concern.
- The measures for what success looks likes will need to change.
People are consuming more content than ever before. In fact, we spend more than 142 minutes just on social media a day. As people’s content consumption continues to rise, they are finding new ways to engage with content throughout their lives.
At Reactionpower we pride ourselves in helping you lead the charge in a changing world and capitalize on the explosion of new content types, brand immersion experiences, and technology capabilities to maximize your profits.
You’ve got this. We’ve got your back.
Leave a Comment.