With the average internet user now spending nearly 2.5 hours a day on social media, customers can now purchase directly via social media. Online retailers are adapting.
Find out why your business needs to get involved.
The rise of social commerce is inevitable
With social commerce, the store — the entire shopping experience — happens without the customer ever leaving the social media site. With more social platforms looking to integrate direct, on-platform selling tools, social commerce looks to be the next major retail shift.
Consumers are demanding a more seamless and cohesive buying journey.
- 60% of people are influenced by digital content when shopping
- 55% of people bought a product online after discovering it on social media
- 40% of merchants use social media to generate sales
Brands are exploring how to integrate the new commerce options that are being developed by social networks such as Facebook Pay, WhatsApp Catalogues, and checkout on Instagram as well as shopping ads, shoppable stickers, and swipe-up stories.
As a result, social media is shifting from merely being an inspiration or education channel to a full storefront experience.
- There will be a boom in influencer affiliate marketing through social as their sales figures become more trackable and transparent.
- Fuelled by improvements in augmented reality and camera detection technologies the distance between inspiration and purchase will continue to shorten upending the path to purchase funnel. Everything we see will be instantly shoppable both on and offline wherever we are in the world.
- Walled ecosystems from the major social networks will get even higher as social content becomes shoppable microsites. This could lead to the proliferation of ‘dark websites’ that are just a warehouse of items available for purchase through APIs.
- Personalised marketing will get more personal as social media platforms track previous purchases and begin to recommend the perfect accompaniments.
- Social platform’s digital wallets will open the internet up to the ‘unbanked’.
Here’s what we do
Reactionpower will help you develop your digital cataloging and classification strategy. We’ll organize, manage and make your inventory accessible on a wide variety of online platforms.