What makes thumb-stopping content for you?
Here’s our take:
- Timeliness: Newer is better. Stories grow old in a hurry.
- Proximity: People are more interested in stuff that’s happening close to them than news happening far away
- Impact: Does it matter? Put your story through the “so what” test. Will the information affect our lives?
- Novelty: Is it an unusual story?
- Conflict: Good news is no news.
- Human Interest: People are interested in other people.
- Prominence: Can we tie the story to someone famous or prominent?