Thought-leadership is about influencing a narrative by understanding and relaying what needs to be done.
How do you deliver ideas that make an impact?
A thought leader is a ‘Go-To-expert’ that consistently answers the biggest questions on the minds of the target audience on a particular topic. A thought leader deeply understands the business they are in, the needs of their customers, and the broader marketplace in which they operate. They consistently deliver winning strategies.Creativity, clarity, and contrast... What more makes great thought-leadership? Click To Tweet
Thought leaders have distinctively original ideas, unique points of view, and new insights. They need to inspire customers to act and take the next step in their journey.
Here are 10 key elements that make great thought-leadership:
- Creativity: Showcases insight in a fascinating and compelling way
- Transformation: A game-changer in terms of cost, time saved, and/or additional revenue
- Relevance: Addresses a burning issue for your target audience
- Practicality: Demonstrates a well-thought-out approach that’s actionable immediately
- Novelty: Shares essentially new way to solve a problem
- Depth: Shares substantial knowledge about a problem and how to solve it with rigorous logic on the best approach
- Clarity: Communicates a point of view clearly in words anyone can understand
- Validity: Prove solution works through real examples with measurable benefits
- Coherence: Have frameworks or models that simplify the problem and/or solution
- Differentiation: It’s ok to copy others online but make sure you have your unique take on it ; whether it’s in a creative layout, fascinating insight, or the way you use numbers to tell a clear story
Is there anything missing from this list? Let us know what makes great thought-leadership to you in the comments below.
Leave a Comment.